Shirtless Chef Andre Crews heads down South to Louisiana, where he and a friend cook up some finger-sucking baby back ribs. Eat post-workout for maximum effect.
3 Slabs Baby Back Ribs (2-3 lbs each)
32 oz of your favorite BBQ sauce (we like Sweet Baby Rays!)
Dr Chef Propietary Seasoning Blend
2 tbsp paprika
2 tbsp salt
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp cumin
1 tbsp garlic
1 tbsp onion
1 tbsp chile powder
2 tsp black pepper
2 tsp mustard powder
1 tsp cayenne (or to taste for desired spiciness)
1. Preheat oven to 225 degress
2. Add all seasonings from proprietary blend to bowl and mix with a fork until fully integrated
3. Rub both sides of each slab of ribs GENEROUSLY with the spice blend
4. Place ribs in roasting pan. Cover with aluminum foil or actual top of the pan (top works better). Place in oven for 6-8 hours
5. Using tongs, check ribs at 6 hours. If they easily pull / fall apart, remove from oven. If not, let them sit in the oven for a bit longer
6. Fire up grill to low heat
7. Pour fat from roasting pan into bowl. Add in BBQ sauce and mix.
8. Place ribs on grill and baste with BBQ sauce / fat blend for about 3-5 minutes per side until sauce is caramelized onto the ribs.
9. Remove from the grill, add extra BBQ sauce to taste, and enjoy!