Shirtless Chef Andre Crews takes us through the most intense protein-packed recipe yet: Savory Marinara Meatballs that put an Italian restaurant’s subpar offering to shame.
2 lbs 80/20 ground beef
2 tablespoon olive oil
8 oz marinara sauce
8 oz BBQ sauce
4 tablespoon yellow mustard
4 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tablespoon salt
2 tablespoon pepper
1 tablespoon dill weed
1 tablespoon basil
1 tablespoon paprika
Optional: 2 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
1. Pour olive oil into empty crock pot ensuring the entire surface is lightly coated in the oil
2. Place ground beef, egg, and all seasonings into big mixing bowl. Using hands mix together and start to form 1-2 inch diameter balls
3. Place balls into crock pot making sure there’s a little space between each
4. Pour all sauces into a bowl and stir until mixed completely. Pour into crock pot on top of meatballs
5. Optional: sprinkle Parmesan on top
6. Cover crock pot and put on high for 1 hour
7. Ensure meatballs are cooked all the way through (no red). Depending on your crock pot’s power output, you may need an additional 30 minutes on high.
8. Serve and enjoy!
Ideas for serving
1. On whole grain hoagie
2. With quinoa or whole grain pasta
3. With a lightly dressed arugula salad
4. Alone and naked (the meatballs, not you!)
The post The Shirtless Chef Presents: Savory Marinara Meatballs appeared first on BarBend.